Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Lazy Saturday

Having a lazy Saturday afternoon at home.

After breakfast and his morning nap (gee, all 30 minutes of it), I took E for our regular Saturday morning trip to the farmers' market in Irvine. He still has a lot of food in the freezer, but it's like gas in my car: at some point I like to refill before the idiot light comes on. We just picked up some peaches, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, and some vegan dinner rolls.

Afterwards, we went over to the courtyard so I could get my usual order of crispy tofu and boba tea while E had his lunchtime bottle. I gave E some Cheerios to play with while I ate, but somehow felt compelled to give him some of my white rice. He had a few bites which I fed using my chopsticks. Some other mom was giving me a weird look while I was doing this. It's not unusual for moms to feed their kids using the same utensils, right? I mean, I'm with my son ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME so whatever germs I have, he's likely gonna have. (And it's not like he hasn't tried to stick his hand in my mouth/nose after he's been chewing on his fingers.) Meh.

We walked around for a while after eating, and I saw that Jamie Lee Curtis was going to be at the children's bookstore for a signing. I got excited, but it wasn't for a few more hours and I needed to bring E home for his afternoon nap. He zonked out on the drive home, so once we got there I dropped everything on the kitchen counter and carried him up to our bed. He woke up for a bit, but we both ended up passing out and napping for a good hour.

Now the baby's getting some floor time and every few minutes I'm wrangling him away from something he shouldn't be grabbing/putting his mouth on. I think maybe I'll take him outside for a little stroll (depending on how hot it is) before we start winding down for the day.

No comments: