Thursday, September 11, 2008

Feigned Outrage and Lies

So the latest "controversy" to come out of the wonderful world that is the 2008 elections is that McCain has asked Obama to apologize for his sexist "lipstick on a pig" remark because it was obviously about Palin. Except ... it wasn't. Obama was referring to McCain's economic policies, which in context of the phrase, means that it's more of the same 'ole thing.



I'm perplexed at how McCain can cry sexism now, when he's been well documents in using the term himself, with regards to Hillary Clinton no less. Please help me understand this ... is it just that McCain and his advisers don't remember his use of the term in the past, or that they don't consider his remarks to have been sexist (as opposed to Obama's which they do)? Or is it they're hoping their supporters don't remember or that they'll agree that McCain using the phrase and Obama using it are TOTALLY different?

Also ... I just have to get this off my chest. I'm really quite annoyed that they are still using the Bridge to Nowhere and the jet sold on eBay to pump up Palin to the public. (And what I find scary is that it's probably actually working.) So here's my question for this: for those who are glad that Palin said "no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere and that she sold the jet on eBay for a "profit" ... what do they think of the arguments against it? What do they think when they hear that Palin was actually FOR the Bridge to Nowhere before it became an unpopular topic? Or that the luxury jet actually DIDN'T SELL on eBay and that it ended up being sold to a contributor for a loss?

I don't expect people's minds to be changed. I just want to hear their POV and explain some of these things that the Republican party is being called out on.

No comments: