Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rough Night of (No) Sleep

The baby had a rough night last night. While he went to bed easily (around 7pm), he woke up a little after 9pm screaming his head off. His father comforted him a bit and put him back in his crib when he was calm again.

Unfortunately, that didn't last long and he started screaming again. We went in once more, changed his diaper, and I tried to sit with him for some extra cuddle time in the big soft chair in his room. When it seemed like he just wanted to keep climbing and looking around (even though the lights were off), I said goodnight and put him back in his crib.

A few minutes later, more screaming. This time I brought him back to our room. Maybe he just needs a little TLC and co-sleeping? However, my husband was still watching TV, which was a huge distraction to the baby. I took him to the guest bedroom so we could co-sleep quietly, but he was having none of it. So, back to the baby's room to try cuddling again.

When that just wasn't working, I put the baby back in his crib one more time. I turned on one light and told the baby that if he wants to look around and play, he can do so in his crib. I got a blanket, turned on some lullabies, and curled up in the chair. He watched me for a bit from his crib, but I soon fell asleep, and when I woke up, he was fast asleep as well.

1 comment:

KS said...

Hi ... Sorry you had a rough nite. We had one on Sunday. Our baby screamed. Teething.

You left a comment on my toy post over at BabyCenter MOMformation. Please link in the comment section.